Skip to main content

More Advice Quotes

Perhaps the soundest advice for parents is: Lighten up. People have been raising children for approximately as long as there have been people.
George Will

Pride deafens us to the advice or warnings of those around us.
John C. Maxwell

Quit now, you’ll never make it. If you disregard this advice, you’ll be halfway there.
David Zucker

Recently my publicist asked me for a college photo, and I realize how chubby I looked. I know this sounds totally shallow, but my advice is don’t fall prey to the freshmen fifteen!
Cecily von Ziegesar

So many organizations have a mentoring arm, but they don’t really do it. Their idea of mentoring a kid is giving them general advice. But what they need to do is read with children.
Walter Dean Myers

So there was a constant flow and a thin line there between reality and television and yes, much of what I was experiencing in my real life was also what was going on in the television show to the extent that I had to take writers’ advice and from the counselors around.
Alan Thicke

Some of the best advice I’ve had comes from junior officers and enlisted men.
Chester W. Nimitz

Sorry; I have no space left for advice. Just do it.
Donald E. Westlake

Sure, I have advice for people starting to write. Don’t. I don’t need the competition.
Robert B. Parker

That’s my advice to all homosexuals, whether they’re in the Boy Scouts, or in the Army or in high school: Shut up, don’t tell anybody what you do, your life will be a lot easier.
Bill O'Reilly

The advice I will give my children, if and when they have Olympic aspirations, will be to go for it.
Kerri Walsh

The advice I would give to someone is to not take anyone’s advice.
Eddie Murphy

The Athenians are right to accept advice from anyone, since it is incumbent on everyone to share in that sort of excellence, or else there can be no city at all.
Protagoras

The best advice I can give you about falling is to never land.
Chevy Chase

The best piece of advice I’ve ever been given was, ‘Be in the business you’re in.’ Don’t just be a satellite around it and expect it to come to you. Be in the business you’re in.
Ray Stevenson

The best piece of advice someone has ever given me was ‘do it scared.’ And no matter if you’re scared, just go ahead and do it anyway because you might as well do it scared, so it will get done and you will feel so much better if you step out of your comfort zone.
Sherri Shepherd

The best piece of advice that my mother gave me is to never have a plan B. She told me to stick to plan A because if you have a plan B you will inevitably fall back on it.
Zoe Tapper

The one thing people are the most liberal with, is their advice.
Francois de La Rochefoucauld

The only place that the left hasn’t placed the blame is on their agenda, so some advice for our friends on that side of the aisle: that’s where you’ve gotta look because that’s what got you into this mess.
Sarah Palin

The only real advice you can give anyone is to keep writing.
David Sedaris

Popular posts from this blog

Famous Quotes

A friend at school was always being laughed at because his father emptied dustbins for a living. But those who laughed worshipped famous footballers. This is an example of our topsy-turvy view of 'success.' Who would we miss most if they did not work for a month, the footballer or the garbage collector? David Icke Actually, bizarrely, in America, I get more appreciation from the odd, unusual stuff I've done, almost because I'm not, if you like, famous in America as I am in England. Steve Coogan Among famous traitors of history one might mention the weather. Ilka Chase And to me, fame is not a positive thing. The idea of being famous is a lot better than the reality. It's fantastic when you go to premieres and people cheer you, but it's not real. And it's totally not my approach to get my name on a club door just because I can. Tom Felton Andy Warhol made fame more famous. Fran Lebowitz Bill Cosby is a famous black guy who has a bully pulpit the size of

Famous Experience Quotes

Our experience is composed rather of illusions lost than of wisdom acquired. Joseph Roux People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built. Eleanor Roosevelt Real love is a permanently self-enlarging experience. M. Scott Peck Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Helen Keller Skill is the unified force of experience, intellect and passion in their operation. John Ruskin Sleep - the most beautiful experience in life - except drink. W. C. Fields Take control of your consistent emotions and begin to consciously and deliberately reshape your daily experience of life. Tony Robbins The experience of God, or in any case the possibility of experiencing God, is innate. Alice Walker The key to education is the experience of beauty. Friedrich