Skip to main content

Strength And Courage Quotes

I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.
Thomas Paine

I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death.
Leonardo da Vinci

I think I was born strong-willed. That's not the kind of thing you can learn. The advantage is, you stick to what you believe in and rarely get pushed out of what you want to do.
Joan Jett

I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman.
Anais Nin

If your determination is fixed, I do not counsel you to despair. Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance.
Samuel Johnson

In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.
Robert E. Lee

Insincerity is always weakness; sincerity even in error is strength.
George Henry Lewes

It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness of pain: of strength and freedom. The beauty of disappointment and never-satisfied love. The cruel beauty of nature and everlasting beauty of monotony.
Benjamin Britten

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity.
Louis Pasteur

Life is very interesting... in the end, some of your greatest pains, become your greatest strengths.
Drew Barrymore

Popular posts from this blog

Famous Quotes

A friend at school was always being laughed at because his father emptied dustbins for a living. But those who laughed worshipped famous footballers. This is an example of our topsy-turvy view of 'success.' Who would we miss most if they did not work for a month, the footballer or the garbage collector? David Icke Actually, bizarrely, in America, I get more appreciation from the odd, unusual stuff I've done, almost because I'm not, if you like, famous in America as I am in England. Steve Coogan Among famous traitors of history one might mention the weather. Ilka Chase And to me, fame is not a positive thing. The idea of being famous is a lot better than the reality. It's fantastic when you go to premieres and people cheer you, but it's not real. And it's totally not my approach to get my name on a club door just because I can. Tom Felton Andy Warhol made fame more famous. Fran Lebowitz Bill Cosby is a famous black guy who has a bully pulpit the size of

Famous Experience Quotes

Our experience is composed rather of illusions lost than of wisdom acquired. Joseph Roux People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built. Eleanor Roosevelt Real love is a permanently self-enlarging experience. M. Scott Peck Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. Helen Keller Skill is the unified force of experience, intellect and passion in their operation. John Ruskin Sleep - the most beautiful experience in life - except drink. W. C. Fields Take control of your consistent emotions and begin to consciously and deliberately reshape your daily experience of life. Tony Robbins The experience of God, or in any case the possibility of experiencing God, is innate. Alice Walker The key to education is the experience of beauty. Friedrich